So we happen to be plopped right square in the middle of a Kentucky
ICE STORM!!! I have heard about them since we moved here but had yet to see more than a few scattered snow falls. Well this morning I looked out my front window and saw this.

These pictures really don't do it justice but these trees are just thick with ice.


This picture really is looking out my front door and no there is not usually a tree in our front walk. That huge tree branch is usually in front of my bedroom window upstairs. I hope the poor thing doesn't break off, but I know it's close. Ramsey couldn't even park in the garage today because it is blocked with a huge branch that did break off! I was watching the news and I guess a lot of people are without power and they are having to sleep in high school gym's and stuff. I feel kinda guilty, I've been curled up next to a nice cozy fire all evening. Anyway I'm a Canadian girl so snow doesn't scare me but this ice is kinda crazy!
7 comments:
That is crazy! Glad you have a nice cozy fireplace! When did you get those pictures taken on the side bar there...they are so so cute! What a darling family! We miss you guys!
We used to get ice storms like that when I lived in Tri-cities (aka when I was a kid) Never much snow but you could always count on the ice, and the power going out. Keep warm!
;)Rachel
wow- it reminds me of our days in St. Louis with the ice storms. they are freaky!!! amazing. Emily told me you were going to post some pics of the ice . did Grandma Jardine phone you because she was concerned about the weather for your family. and if I do not get some of those most cutest of your family pictures, I will be very sad. we need new ones and printing them off here does not do justice to them. thanks ahead of time. love, Mom
your family pics are seriously so stinking cute...when were those taken? I hope that you are doing okay maybe you should move where there are no ice storms and I will move where there is no wind...got any suggestions cause we are supposed to live next door to eachother right!
britt is right. a place with no wind or ice storms, all together. i can see it now...
those new pictures are so dang cute i can't even stand it!
I know, what's up with these crazy ice storms? Our power went out yesterday and finally came back on tonight! I didn't realize how awesome Power is. I don't want to live without it again!
Jacklyn I am so dang mad! I have been trying to come over and see you this week, but with all the ice I have been stuck in the house! I went to a dr. appt. on Tuesday and almost fell about a million times before I even got inside. So my big pregnant belly and me have not left the house in days! So boring! I am trying to talk Brynlee into just being born already but Im afraid she is already a very disobedient child. Oh and we just now got our power back on but that is another story.
Post a Comment