Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Busy Doing Nothing

These days I am finding myself super busy, but doing nothing. Seriously if I looked at my week in a planner all I would have to show for myself is Tuesday- my visiting teacher came over and Wednesday we went to story time, woo I'm swamped. But I find myself being super busy all the same. I guess you just have to be a stay at home mom to really get it (no offense to the working folk I'm glad I don't have to be on a schedule) It's just a very different kind of work, always busy but not always alot to show for it. Although being a mom can sometimes be a thankless job (come on your kids don't realize that you pick up the living room 19 times a day) It's a great job and I wouldn't trade it for the world. When I was working at the Salon before I had kids, I never realized how much I fed off all the adult conversation I had. I had the best job ever, I absolutely loved what I did, I was my own boss, and people loved me! All day I would hear "Oh I love it" "your the best" "Nobody does my hair like you" I guess I should be a little bit more modest I probably heard that half the day but anyway...My point is that I got to chat all day (one of my fav pasttimes) and do hair (another fav) So anyway once I had Luke I loved being home but my usuall 8 hours a day of chatting with adults was condenced into waiting untill Ramsey got home and unleashing it on him. He was a jem about it but sometimes I think he wanted to come home from a long day and just veg. So Thanks Ramz for listening to my rambeling and thanks to my girlfriends who like to talk on the phone a good 10 hours a week(you know who you are). And here's to all the stay at home mom's who don't always get alot of thanks for the work they do. Just remember in the end...
It's totally worth it!






15 comments:

LindsayB said...

i just read your 'here's a story' on the sidebar, good for a laugh! it is a thankless job, and it is the busy but not busy and the phone is my best friend and is that some sort of life size football poster in the background? oh ramsey...

Elise and Rich said...

Jacklyn, did I tell you today I missed you becuase the gym (you know where I'm talking about) just isnt the same without hockey sticks, and Noah is jealous of Luke's feet jammies. Lily is my favorite, ahh I just want to kiss her.

Arrington's said...

Just what I needed(the pep talk/ Luke/Lily fix)..and Ramsey I needed a little Ramsey fix as well, go ahead and tell him I said that...

Brandon Bridge said...

I needed that too! Being at home all day can not only be SUPER busy, but so relentless! It's so easy to get down...but then Hazel comes bouncing into the room and I have a permanent smile on my face the rest of the day! It's so worth it! Here's to baby making machines!

Jaime said...

Lily is so darling, she looks just like you. Great post by the way, hope you don't mind that I peek in once in a while!

Brittany said...

I seem to do a whole lot of nothing and everything!! You are a great mom and they are lucky to have you around...one day when they have kids MAYBE we'll all get a big thank you, I know I am way more grateful for my mom after I had my own. As far as the blog list go to edit and then at the top there will be a bunch of different things with little check boxes next to it like Icon and add snippet...click on the 1st 2 and then the last one and that should make it so that it will tell you when people update their blogs. love you, and I'm open to any phone calls...I can multitask

Anonymous said...

Hey, found your blog through... somebody? Can't remember... but glad I did because I really needed to read this post! I've feel exactly the same way ALL THE TIME. Every bit of it down to it all being worth it in the end. So, you should bring you two kids over sometime and we can hang out... I didn't know you cut hair! I have actually been wanting to get my hair cut really bad so maybe I could pay you to cut my hair some time?? We'll chat on Sunday :)

Rachel Berry said...

AMEN!!! And yes no one cuts my hair like you used too!!

Cute pictures of the kids. They are getting so big.

:)r.q

alyssa said...

I am do glad that you said that becuase that is exactly how I have been feeling lately. I dont stop all day and then when I look back at the end of it all, I am like what did I do all day?? It is crazy having another human being (in your case 2) completely dependent on you. It is all worth it though. So much better than working outside of the home in my opinion. But, speaking of hair, can you do mine sometime soon?? When would be a good time for you?

claudiabridge said...

you made my day!! i have spent many days feeling the same way and not able to write it down the way you have. I love you Jack !!! Mom ps I absolutely love the pictures. thanks

Woods said...

You are so good at wording things just right. And I love that you love being home with your kids. perfect post!

John and Erin said...

I totally LOVED getting to know you a little better on Tuesday! Thanks soo much for fitting me in! I can only imagine how busy you are...for real! Your life is the unpredictable, be prepared for anything busy! Anyways...I had no idea you did hair! That is awesome! Maybe you can do something with mine! I drew the short end of the stick on that...

Susie said...

from one mom to another I hear ya. some people just don't get it eh. I'm lucky if I get a decent meal on the table amongst all the busy nothingness. Lily looks like a little doll in the last pic.

claudiabridge said...

did Lily get into your lipstick or what?!!!! and I was going to tell you about Max but you must have had another source. love, Mom

Riley and Leesa said...

I absolutely loved your story. I am sitting here on the couch listening to Kingsley band on toys while he should be in bed. My living room is a mess, supper is still on the table and I dreaming about the moment my sweet husband comes home to save me from it all. Being a mom is thankless, but it sure is a wonderful job. I am super excited to meet you this Christmas if everything works out as planned.
Leesa