Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Easter, Easter

We love Easter at our house.  When I was growing up it was a big deal cause that is when we got to see my Mom's side of the family in Idaho and we loved it.  So here are the kids dying Easter Eggs



Making our traditional Bunny cake.  We make the exact same cake every year and it never get's eaten, the kids just pick off all the candy and frosting but hey it is a tradition.  And if I felt like it I would link you to the last 3 years post's and prove that our cake never changes but whatever just take my word for it.  It's fun though cause this year Luke actually remembered it from last year and was excited to make it.  The only problem is that my children are exact opposites and where Lily just likes to go all Picasso on the cake and ice the ears blue and pink swirled.  Luke is my OCD child (he comes by it honestly)  and he likes it to be neat and perfect.  SO when a giant blue stripe went across the Easter Bunny's face we had a bit of a melt down but I fixed it and some how they both ended up happy!


Easter Sunday!!


They loved finding their Easter Baskets


And I loved trying to get them to make a normal face for a picture.  Seriously I don't know what got into them but I took 5000 pictures of them trying to get a normal one.


Then the tackle hugging began...ahhhh cute








This is my favorite and most Random, don't even ask me why Lily has gone gangster on me and Luke thought that this weird neck pose was soo cool.  Crazy kids

2 comments:

claudiabridge said...

what a happy Easter!! brings back memories of ones when you were little!! such beautiful pictures!!

melissa said...

hahahaha! I love Lily's gangsta face! She cracks me up