I know that pre-school grad is kind of silly but I couldn't help but beam with pride as my little Lukey marched across that stage and got his diploma. This year Luke went to 2 different pre-schools each of them at a little church and each of them were only one half day a week. Tuesday mornings when he was gone was when I did hair and Thursday mornings were when me and Lily girl would have some girl time shopping or whatever.
These were his teachers at "My School" Miss. Kym and Miss. Sheeba. I still laugh cause until the last day Luke still called it "your school" because I was always saying "Ok Luke it's time to go to My school" and he would say "ok I like your school" "No it's called my school" "yah your school" Whatever it was cute and he had lot's of fun. He especially loved miss Sheeba and her Turtles.
Then there was the other pre-school called Building blocks. And as you can see they made graduation a bit bigger deal haha. It was so fun to see him walk out in his little cap and gown with all his little friends!
Note to self...don't put your son in shorts for his graduation cause it just looks like he has no pants on. Oops
A darling little girl named Bella who was in both of Luke's pre-school classes. You have my permission to get married, look at her hair!
I'm not going to comment on how I look in this picture (big, preggo, chubby) I am just going to appreciate how cute my Luke boy is.
He totally got into all of the songs. We were like his own private paparazzi with the camera and the video camera going.
I seriously love this kid and it has been so fun to watch him blossom over the last year. I don't have a ton of parenting moments where I am like oh yah Jacklyn you are awesome you totally got that one right but I did have one of those moments with Luke lately. He was just a hard toddler, from 2-4 he was just hard. Super sweet and them MAJOR melt downs. The kind of melt downs that would rule my day cause I was just always trying to prevent one all day. Plus he didn't talk forever and that was frustrating because he couldn't or wouldn't communicate to us what he wanted. I worried about him all the time. Well finally when he was almost 4 we got him into Speech Therapy with the amazing Miss Ellen. Every Monday morning for a year we went to see Miss. Ellen faithfully and that is when the magic happened. I would watch (behind glass with head phones) as she would just un lock things in Luke's mind. Week after week he got better and better and happier and happier. He could express himself better and get out the words that he wanted to say. Some weeks would be hard when she would introduce something new. For a week or 2 it would be like pulling teeth and then all of the sudden he would just get it. And since I got to watch I could practice all the things he learned there with him at home, we called it "home School" It was amazing because I would explain something to her that I was concerned about but I couldn't get him to do and then presto she would figure out how to make him figure it out. I could sing Miss.Ellen's praises all day I love her. The thing this taught me was not to just stress about a problem all the time but to just see what you can do about it.
The part where I get to pat myself on the back as a mother comes when I decided not to send him to Kindergarten last year. He was old enough but he would have been one of the youngest in the class and I just did not think that he was ready. So we decided to wait and sometimes throughout this last year I would second guess our decision. I just didn't want to mess up my first kid haha. Seriously though I look back on the last year and how much he has grown and matured, how much more at ease he is, I am so happy and I know that we made the right decision. At speech a few weeks ago She tested him because she hadn't since we started, and he totally aced the test. Areas where last year he was wayyy below on, now he was wayyyy above. He is more that ready for kindergarten and he is just happier! Which of course makes me happy, I am sooo excited for him and I just don't worry any more!(well about that)
Maybe it's because I am having another baby boy so it makes me think of Luke as a baby but I just can't get enough of this kid, he is so sweet. He tells me everyday that I am his best friend and that he loves me, he still loves to snuggle, and he is always looking out for me. Don't get me wrong he can still drive me to drink at times but I just can't get enough of him these days. And even though it freaks me right out to just send him off at 7:15 every morning and not see him till 2:30, I know it's time for school and he's going to LOVE it!
We love you Luke CONGRATS!!!!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
love the story of Luke and his amazing Mom. so happy for both of you. he is a very sweet boy!!! congrats Luke and many fun school days ahead..
Post a Comment