Friday, March 27, 2009

A day in the life

I have had such a busy week. I did alot of hair, I got my hair done (super blond why not right it's spring) I did my visiting teaching, and some how managed to get some laundry done. Really just a regular type week but it felt busy. I also felt like I was neglecting Mr. Luke and Little miss Lily so I decided that today I would just have a fun little day with my kids. Well Luke woke up begging to go to the Library ( I know I sound like a good mom but I'm not gonna lie I pick out the books, all he cares about is getting a blues clues movie) so I thought ok let's get an early start. So we had breakfast got ready and were out the door a little after 9 (haha you can laugh but that's early for us) we went to the library and then we were headed to my wards play group. I have made a goal to try to be more involved in ward things but I swear something always happens and I never make it. Anyway off we go to play group, well smart little me...do you think I have a clue where play group is??? no I don't. Waveland park...huh...I had seen a sign a few days earlier that said something about waveland so I thought I was smart and knew where it was but no I clearly didn't have a clue. So needless to say we did not make it to play group (besides I'm still remembering the last play group I showed up to and was the only one there...yah seriously) so anyway while I was weaving around unknown streets trying to find an unknown park I came across a goodwill. I am always looking for a dresser that I can spruce up for Lily's room so we went in. Usually the only thing I leave goodwill with is an odd sort of smell stuck to my clothes but not today...Today I left with this little JEM


I just thought it was the cutest little thing, and it was only 5 bucks. It's totally old and sturdy and I can just picture it in a little school room. When I was little I loved playing school. I remember when Emily went to school I would play school all the time with Paul. It was easy, He was like 2 or 3 years old so I always got to be the teacher. Can't you just see Luke sitting there with a desk full of Notebooks. Now I just need to find the perfect little chair. And I am debating whether or not I should leave it or if I should jazz it up and paint it some funky way hmmmm.

PS. I also totally ditched my poor visiting teacher who came by this morning...what can I say I'm a Bridge!






14 comments:

claudiabridge said...

I want to see a picture of your really blonde hair and Lily and Luke in the Grandma made them PJ bottoms. did you do your own hair? Mom

claudiabridge said...

hey I don't ditch my visiting teacher. does that make me a Jardine?

Brandon Bridge said...

Jacklyn that desk is amazing, what a fun find! Super cute...yeah let's see pictures of your hair!

Elise and Rich said...

I want to see your hair

Jacklyn said...

K wait it's not THAT blond I guess I gave the wrong impression...just a few extra highlights

SOPHIE BRIDGE said...

Jacko the pic on the bike is adorable! and i would also like to see your hair im expecting nothing short of playboy bunny blonde haaa

whitney said...

Oh I need my hair cut so bad! I miss you scissors! And you too of course.
Cute desk! I would be tempted to spray paint it an off white. And then I woudl probably go overboard and sand and re-stain the top. But it is cute just the way it is if you choose to leave it.

LindsayB said...

i want a day in that life. i want my hair super blonde. i really like that desk.

Schows said...

I love that cute desk! Five bucks! Betsy and Julie had cute wooden desks when we were growing up, and I loved to play in them. Soooo the latest on Grad school is that we still have no idea where were going, but what we do know is that it will actually be a Podiatry school! I know, huge change! He's been thinking about it for a while, but finalized just recently. I'm sick that theres not school in Kentucky, but I hear Ohio is not far away! Our main choices, are Ohio, California, Arizona, or Iowa.

Woods said...

ummm I think we have identical lives but in different states. we just went to the library and my kids went right to the magnetic letter board while I picked out a lovely selection of books for them I take it back Noah insisted on a pokemon book what the heck he's never seen the show (is there even a show?) and every other word is made up i really hate reading it. And a few weeks ago we went to this bazarre which was the funnest thing ever (remember the bazarre from pollyanna??) anyway I found this old desk and happily brought it home and the best part is that the man who sold it to me was named HERB. by the way i have this wish to someday have a little school room in my house and I'm not sure who would enjoy it more me or the kids. I found this fun store filled with school supplies. filled! (Like all sorts of bulk playdough and paints and everything you could imagine). i had to laugh about playgroup i always plan on going and then somehow it passes me by.

John and Erin said...

It's really okay! You are totally forgiven 1,000 times, and I am just really grateful that we were able to connect anyways! NO BIG DEAL!!! Really. Cute desk!

Arrington's said...

Wow 11 comments aren't we loved. Laken want's to play school...at your house..in Montana...in six years...it's a date...

Angela Bridge said...

Jacko leave the desk as it is, unless you want to restore it as such. Well I agree that it looks as though you are little miss popular. and I don't really care that much about your hair. Unless of course you went with a bob. Ha Ha
-Max

Sharon Wales said...

Love the desk... watch out or I may steal it.