
I just
LOVE friday's, I don't really know why it's just like any other day of the week really but today I especially loved friday when the weather is so Lovely. And when we discover a new park to play at complete with a little cottage for the kids!
Lily would love for someone to come have a tea party in her new little house, and period clothing IS necessary.

For real I saw this lady sweeping the walks dressed like this. (it is an old manor house that you can tour)

Then back to our house for a little ice cream

And you can
oooh and
ahhh over my new chair that after a little tender loving care by yours truly, looks like this...


But used to look like this.

Moral of the story...don't stick your nose up at a stinky chair (with a bum mark worn into the cushion) that you see out of the corner of your eye at good will. It may turn out to be your new best friend. That and take time to enjoy the
SUNSHINE with your cute kids, or with whoever.
The End...
19 comments:
First of all, I love Luke's hair cut!! And second I am jealous everyday it seems like you find a new park, can I come? And third, that chair is absolutely smashing!! Serious, you have some raw talent at turning uglies into beauties. I need a Jacklyn makeover.
Oh and Lily, I am coming over to have tea with the cutest Mini Jacklyn I have ever seen, and she dresses just like I would want to dress my little girl!!
Thanks for the story. Haha. Play group looked fun today.s
Your chair is so fab! I love how Lily has two different shoes on in the one picture. I agree with Elise, tea would be lovely
That chair is adorable! Great job on that...and I so wish we had parks like that here. Looks like so much fun!
Such a cute chair...are you sure that wasn't you all dressed up sweeping up the walks...I swear you had a dress like that back in the good old days. Did you cover that chair yourself? I can't believe how big Lily is getting it takes me a couple seconds to get used to her standing, I just keep imagining her like a little baby and sleeping in my bed with us (that kind of sounds weird but believe me it was one of the more fun nights I've had in a while.)
Sweet chair! You totally trumped me there. I am way too scared to attempt to recover anything.
OH my that chair is so stinkin cute and as if you did that all yourself I'm so impressed and would love a lesson or two on how to be crafty like you. You are the funnest mom by the way!
look at you you talented little home decorator! the chair looks great and wish we could have come to the park with you guys in that lovely weather of yours :) oh and yes....of course i have scotch mints! haha
i have said this like 500 times but i say it again NEVER HAVING KIDS mine will never turn out that cute!!
and jack-o i also am glad that we share DNA, you are just the best!
i need to get better at this blog stuff.
oh and that chair NICE WORK!!
oh and just so you know i keep thinking about what you told me you looked like the other night...i decided YOU WIN ...if you know what i mean!
Love you chair Jacklyn! What a fun little cottage to play in too.
LOVE the chair, so cute. You are so talented, i want to learn how to do that. Maybe you can just fly here and do it for me! And adorable park!
I love waveland!!
i make those little collages through a program called picasa. it's a photo editing program that you can download for free, and it makes putting lots of pictures up way easier :) you can even blog right from it. give it a try, and if you do a good job, i may just have to get your address so that you can enjoy your little "good job" mint! haha
Gotta luv Waveland! I didn't know you knew how to recover furniture... where have you been all my life? Can you do couches??
ok, will you come over this weekend and do that to my chair? great, see ya then. did you laugh a little when you saw the lady sweeping the walk, or did you just look at her with slight pity, not unlike some people once did to a couple of gals dressed up in a parade as trees...
Jacklyn, I love the chair, you have your Aunt Debby's talent for style and reupholstrying (I know that is spelled wrong!) you kept that talent hidden. you didn't tell me did you?? love the picture of Lily with the mismatched shoes on!!. and this is also a comment for your Birthday. I would have wished you a Happy one on your blog or facebook but I called and Emily's computer was slow. love you tons, Mom ps got home safely and enjoyed the drive home, great weather. Great Falls and Shelby had 25 inches of snow on Tuesday, Wednesday so good timing on my part.
Wow, you did a great job with that chair!!! I LOVE IT! I also love how good you are at journalling on your blog. My friend just told me that you can get your blog published into a scrapbook. There's a site on-lie that does it. You probably already know that. That would be a priceless book. You are truely inspiring me... take more photos... journal on my blog more... and find a chair from a used store to re-upholster. How on earth did you learn how to do that. Did you just figure it out on the fly??? Do tell all!!! I'm your copycat... copied the activity book, copied your bangs, want to copy your chair... that's supposed to be the biggest form of flattery though... right!?
1) im loving the chair!!! its some fine work and im sure the hutterites would be proud. 2) the picture of luke and lily eating ice cream where her shoes dont match is for real the cutest pic EVER!!! i love the candids that arent posed
Post a Comment