Well friends it's true, I am officially the big 27. I don't feel any older nor do I feel any wiser but here it is all the same April 30th another year has gone by. It's funny but 27 hasn't phased me at all, last year I was kind of freaking out to turn 26 but I think that it was because I got a mini van the same week. Something about turning 26 and getting a van hit me weird. But 27 I'm good with, cause to tell you the truth I have not felt any older since about my 17th birthday (Lindsay tried for like the 5th year in a row to have a surprise party for me but she totally gave it away...I think we went out to Earls instead). Sure I got married and sure I've had a couple of kids but other than those few "mature" things I feel pretty much the same, I am still just me.ANYWAY I have decided that all I want for my B-day is a comment. You heard me I want a comment from YOU. I always wonder if anyone ever sneeks a peek at my blog but never makes themselves known. Ramsey is always telling me that I need to go private and I always say that I'm going to but I just haven't done it yet. Then I realized that I like to look at other people's blogs and I wonder if anyone likes to sneek a peek at mine. So at the risk of sounding like a total dork. I'm the birthday girl and I want a comment!
ps. I already got an amazing present from Ramsey this morning. He FORGOT!!! I am so happy! As a kid I always prayed that everyone would forget my birthday and I could be a martyr. I dreamed of moping around the house and people saying "what's wrong with you?" and I could say (ever so quietly) "oh nothing" and then when they finally remembered I would get double spoiled out of guilt. Sadly (or I should say not so sadly) my Mom always came through and I have no child hood memories of my family forgetting my BIG day. I do however remember my eighth b-day when my mom told me I could have 8 friends sleep over. Was I ever excited, that is until I couldn't find 8 friends to come. I started with my coolest friends then went down the list until I think I was calling random aquaintences to come to my bash. Finally I think we ended up having a few of Emily's friends come to fill in the gaps. Man was I ever cool, but in my defence I think it was Easter holidays. ANYWAYS I am soooo going to milk it when Ramsey get's home tonight. Or maybe I'll just silently suffer so he feels extra bad once he remembers...haven't decided. Oh well either way it should be fun!!


28 comments:
Happy Birthday! You probably already knew that I look at your blog, but here's your comment :) I actually didn't feel old until I turned 28. (this year) It was REAAAALLLY weird because I never thought I would feel old. Anyway, hope your birthday is everything wonderful!
Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a good one and that you are feeling atleast somewhat better than yesterday. Amen on the feeling young, I'm only 25 but I still feel 17 years old. That's just how we do. :)
no fair you already made me laugh on your birthday. I secretly hope for the forgotten anniversary for the same reasons. Maybe Ramsey has a really sweet suprise for later, lets hope not.
Happy Birthday Jacklyn! 27 is exactly one month away for me now that YOUR birthday is here and I totally agree with you, I haven't felt different since 17 either. What's up with that age? I hope you have a great birthday and that Ramsey totally spoils you... you deserve it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
p.s. keep those pictures coming of your cute kids... I totally "peek" from time to time!
Are you freaking Kidding me. You're all under 30 and you're talking about feeling old! Heaven help up. Happy birthday. Ramsey better come thru big time!!!
Happy Birthday Jacklyn! You make me laugh too. Poor Ramsey doesn't even know what he is in for. Have a great day!
I will never forget your birthday, unless I forget my mom's too. Wait, that sounds bad! Of course I would remember your birthday even if it wasn't the same as my moms.
I love that you are okay with Ramsey forgetting your birthday! Just goes to show why we all love you so much.
Hope his make up birthday plans are great!
26 was a hard one for me too. Because I was pregnant with Roman. It made me feel old to be 26 and not have a kid yet.
But somehow I think 30 next year will top 26 for being a bad one...
At least you will always be younger than me!
Ok Jacklyn. I am usually not a commenter. But for you...well, I'll do as you wish.
Happy birthday to the cousin who has been more like a devoted sister. Are you 27? So help me, so help me get by! I'm turning 29 soon, Don't cry for me though, that day is just around the river bend for you too. I hope you've awoken to a happy day. So, they say April showers will come but if they don't maybe you'll get a seasonal surprise and see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow. Regardless, I hope the sun will shine warm on your face.
Well my Jack-o-lantern, swear you won't forget me.
Love to you on your svelte 27th.
Happy Birthday Jacklyn! I'm one of those who sneaks a peak on your blog without you knowing it, but now you do! It's so weird that you are only a year older than me. I'm sure I knew you were, but good grief...I'm so far behind. I have the marriage checked off, but two kids...by the time I'm 27?! I guess its possible, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen :) Anyway, happy birthday. Hopefully Ramsey pulls through!
Happy happy birthday! Is it not a coincidence that we both got mini-vans (the same one for that matter) for our 26th birthday? haha Hope your day is grand!
Happy Birthday!!!! I totally peek at your adorable blog all the time. It makes me miss seeing you in La Grande. Well, I hope that Ramsey turns out to have something up his sleeve that is AMAZING- you deserve it!
Hap Hap Happy Birthday! I'm remembering a particular party of yours, a sleep over too be exact. Where I spent the night on the couch in the front room listening to primary songs bawling that I was homesick while you guys watch Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Also not very many people can say they spent one of their birthdays in London! Oh ya didn't you hear, 27 is the new 20! Your practically still a teenager. Wish I was there...
Happy Birthday girlie!!! I think I'm the oldest one on here leaving a comment. I'm flipping 34!! So enjoy your 20's they will fly by far too soon... :)
Okay scrolled down enough to see the chair. SERIOUSLY, you've got MAD talent! (Randy jackson, American Idol)
Happy Birthday Jacklyn!! lol This post kills me! I swear I use to hope the same thing, except I remember fearing that it might actually happen and then hinting to my Mom that it was coming up just in case! Maybe Ramsey has something brilliant up his sleeve if not, I'd say milk it! Either way, have a great day!
Hopefully you already got my card but of course I would love to leave a comment. I dont think Ramsey forgot by the way, Rich didn't wish me a happy b-day until later on when he got home from work like @ 6pm and I was moping around and said I had a horrible b-day because my husband didnt even remember it was my b-day! Anyway, Ramsey will probably have something up his sleeve. I love you Jacklyn and miss you, Happy birthday to you, I wish I was there to spoil you!! Hugs, Elise
PS is that you in the picture?
Happy birthday, Jacklyn! You know what's sad? On my birthday people kept asking me how old I was and I wasn't sure if I was 26 or 27... I finally had to do the math so I could be ready for the next person to ask. Once I reached 25 I didn't really want to think about how old I was getting. I still feel 17, too. Anyway I hope you have a great one!
Happy Birthday old cuzzy cuz! I can't believe its your 27th year wow so old and very mature of you. Next thing you know you'll be able to answer questions from the sister missionaries.
I hope you have a completely fabulous day!!!
Happy Day so exciting having someone forget your day now can remind him all the time about forgetting your 27th b-day. Make yourself a cake and then he'll ask what it's for! Have a terrific day!
Your one easy girl to please on your birthday. I would expect alot more than just a comment, but it's your wish at here it is!!!! Your so cute Jack hope your day is great!!!!
here is a comment for you birthday girl :) hope you had a gooder and that ramsey spoiled you rotten once he remembered!
Happpppy Birrrrrrthday Jacklyn !!
EEEK! i went into work after i talked to you but it's not after midnight for me so it's ok. and for old times sake i'll ruin the ol surprise that your valentines turned easter now birthday package is ready to go in the mail tomorrow (so that means maybe i'll actually send it next week) it won't really be easter, i ate that, but still some valentines stuff, so that's not gross, right? you know, i'm such a good friend. you're lucky to have me.
ok, so I didn't check your blog on your bday, but i'd still love to say HaPpY biRTdaY a few days late. Good think I have the FB thing covered. :-) Glad you had a HOT date and could play the martyr. I look for those opportunities every chance I get... :-)
You are so funny! Belated Happy Birthday! Isn't funny how moms get to spend thier birthdays at a McDonalds play land and be happy to do it! Glad to hear Ramsey came through!
Happy (belated) Birthday Jacklyn! I had a card and a small something for you and was planning on just making a surprise visit, but I had a family emergency and had to rush to eastern KY for that morning! Sorry!!! But school will be over (for ten days at least!) on wednsday, and I would LOVE to get together with you on thursday for some fun!!! Let me know!! I was thinking a visit to the park would be fun...
I know this is ages and ages late but i was in cali on your b-day, and ive talked to you like 3 times since your bday but here it goes any whoot. HEY JACKLYN! ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! TOOODAAY!! HOORAY!!! I hope your catching the tune, im sure your familiar with the chant
Post a Comment